Issue 596: Supplementary Documentation
In the 53rd CIDOC CRM & 76th FRBRoo Sig meeting, the Sig decided to start a new issue, where to discuss the creation of a section on the CIDOC CRM website for adding documentation for the model –like the table of properties that take the same class as domain and range, the templates for examples, the templates for the definition documents of family models, guidelines for drafting scope-notes, a quick overview of the properties of properties, the small errors checklist etc. Under "Resources"
HW: for the FORTH team to implement that.
Post by Eleni Tsouloucha (9 September 2022)
Please take a moment to revise HW by FORTH for issue 596
In the 54th CIDOC CRM & 47th FRBR/LRMoo SIG meeting, the SIG accepted the HW by FORTH about where on the site should the supplementary documentation appear. Details below:
- Documents relevant for all models, irrespective of their version (new section on the site under Resources):
Resources\Guidelines and Templates\Templates
Resources\Guidelines and Templates\Assisting Translations
- Translation order proposal doc. (issue 528)
- Best Practices Guide doc. (issue 528)
- Governance Guideline (draft sketch) doc. (issue 528)
- Documents relevant for editing one particular version of CRMbase & family models and influence subsequent releases thereof (new section on the site under Home)
- Small Edits Checklist -submission form
- An anonymized and non-editable copy of Small Edits Checklist -response sheet
- Documents relevant only for a specific version of CRMbase (in the Encodings\Classes and Properties Declarations of CIDOC CRM of the relevant version) --to inform Issue 599.
Resources\Versions of the CIDOC-CRM\relevant version\column name: Encodings\Classes & Properties declarations (HTML page)
- overview of .1 properties per CIDOC CRM version (table for v7.1.2)
- overview of the properties of the CIDOC CRM the domain and range of which are the same class (doc for v7.1.2)
Resources\Versions of the CIDOC-CRM\relevant version\column name: Figures
- a .zip file containing of all the graphics used in the version at hand in an editable format
Resources\Versions of the CIDOC-CRM\relevant version\column name: Data Examples
- RDF (& TTL) examples for the Winkelmann graphs (HW by NC for Issue 471)
- A comprehensive data example for the CRM from the museum Benaki with rich comments about form and contents (from the Old site) <they need be checked first>
- Documents conveying information on implementations of the CRMbase & family models in projects etc. –to be updated in a yearly basis
- Community Activity Documentation spreadsheet (doc)
- Google form that generates spreadsheet
Decision: FORTH to implement the above.
Rome, September 2022
In the 55th joint meeting of the CIDOC CRM and SO/TC46/SC4/WG9; 48th FRBR/LRMoo SIG meeting, the SIG reviewed the implementation of previous decisions concerning where things will appear on the site. The issue had been previously closed, but a revision was necessary. An outline of the HW can be found in the attached document.
Proposal by FORTH up for discussion: Figures and data examples should not appear under “Available Documents” because they do not stand as the specification document of CIDOC CRM. Instead they should appear as follows:
- Figures: within the relevant version in a separate section with a shortcut to the new link: : path Resources\Figures and Diagrams\Figures (see diagram)
- Data Examples: within the relevant version in a separate section with shortcut to new link: path Resources\Data Examples (see diagram)
- A collection of figures and a collection of data examples should appear together under separate pages on the site. For the moment, they appear in the relevant version.
- Reconsider the tabular representation of resources in the long run (when the site is relaunched) -maybe an HTML list.
- A number of figures representing modelling constructs are available through the path The Model\Use&Learn\Functional Overview of the model. They are outdated and need editing. To be brought up to date either with the latest official version that will be submitted to ISO or the latest version of the CRM. No agreement as to what the version will be (a stable vs the newest one), so the decision was to start a new issue (628), where to discuss (1) the new figures and (2) what version of the CRM they should correspond to. Assign GB to do the HW.
Belval, December 2022