Issue 595: Update synchronization btw CRMbase and CRMsci
Post by Athina (4 May 2022)
The last decision on updating the range of P112 diminished (issue 574) requires to also update the O1 diminished property in SCI, in which the P112 is declared with the previous state.
In the 54th CIDOC CRM & 47th FRBR/LRMoo SIG meeting, Thanasis Velios proposed to update the definition of O1 diminished, to keep it in sync with its superproperty in a stable CRMbase version (v7.1.2 at the moment).
A summary of the decisions can be found below:
- Alter the definition of O1 diminished to reflect the IsA relation it bears to P112 diminished (see attached).
- Always mention which version of CRMbase a family model is consistent with.
- If one wants to produce a stable version of a family model (and provide an RDFS for it), they should create dependencies with a stable version of CRMbase. At present, the stable version for CRMbase is 7.1.2.
- Any updates on a family model that are dependent on modelling decisions on draft CRMbase models, should by default be considered Draft.
- Systematically check CRMsci class/property hierarchies and see if anything else needs to be changed to be kept in sync with CRMbase v7.1.2. HW UNASSIGNED.
Rome, September 2022