Issue 569: descriptive text for CRMsci diagrams
Tasks to undertake in the context of this issue:
- Decide on who provides the descriptive text for the diagrams,
- where they go in the CRMsci definition
- Update/reorganization of the introductory section
In the 53rd CIDOC CRM & 46th FRBRoo SIG meeting, the Sig went through the short texts (HW by TV) that supplement the diagrams for CRMsci (see issue 525). Some minor editing took place
- Figure 3: Link Sampling with the Encounter Event.
- Figure 6: Alterations
- O13 triggers connects a triggering event that forms the very final part in a series of events leading up to the triggered event, and a triggered event, the beginning of which is synchronous to the triggering event. The temporal proximity allows the association of the two events. It doesn’t involve an overall causality. It caused some reformulation.
- The timespan of the triggering event must include the start of the triggered event. Start an issue on that
- examples of Landslide documentation demonstrate the events conceived as a cause or trigger for the landslide.
- The last sentence (“The CIDOC CRM avoids providing constructs … or historical events”) does not strictly concern alterations, to be revisited at a later stage:
- admit the descriptive texts in the definition document –fix the typos on S15 Observable Entity and edit the class hierarchy list accordingly
- Assign a new version number once the changes have been implemented (v1.7) –the changes in S15 Observable Entity, and the measurements and dimensions justify a new number.
- Once the Position Measurement construct have been accepted, we will implement a new major update (2.0) –also produce graphs for Position Measurement.
Everyone in agreement
Decision: Proceed as proposed
Re the RDF: The document needs to be reformatted according to the template, in order to automatically generate the rdfs file prior to the next meeting.
- produce an rdf for the current version (for v1.7) and once Position Measurements etc are handled, produce yet another one.
- HW: ETz, can try to generate an rdfs file from a document that does not adhere to the new template.
In the 54th CIDOC CRM & 47th FRBR/LRMoo SIG meeting, Thanasis Velios informed the SIG that the issue has closed, on the grounds that the available graphics reflect the current state of the model.
Diagrams and descriptive texts for Position Measurement will not be implemented unless the modelling decisions they are dependent upon are reached (measurements of distances, etc). Once the SIG has agreed on how to implement them, a new issue will start on the diagrams for the introduction and the accompanying texts (for CRMsci v2.0 –which will be aligned with CRMbase v7.1.2).
Decision: proceed as proposed.