Issue 525: Add graphics to the CRMsci definition
In the 48th joint meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9; 41st FRBR-CIDOC CRM Harmonization Meeting; the sig decided to open a new issue to update the introduction section of CRMsci –i.e. it should be added an outline of the basic concepts of the model and be supplemented with graphs. Maybe some of the graphs that are needed are in the CRMsci tutorial.
HW assigned to AK & CB to do the update
Posted by Athina on 5/3/2021
Here are the updated graphs of CRMsci tutorial
In the 51st CIDOC CRM & 44th FRBRoo SIG meeting, the SIG reviewed the diagrams produced by AK.
Decision: Include all slides in the definition of the model, except for the one for S5 Inference Making (still open issues regarding said slide).
HW: AK to update the slides according to the decisions taken for issue 531.
Also, edit the typo in the slide for S19 Encounter Event
(a) S19 Encounter Event.O19 encountered object:
E18 Physical Thing E20 Biological Object
(b) instances of “Equipment Type” –make it E55 Type
In the 52nd joint meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9; 45th FRBR - CIDOC CRM Harmonization meeting; the SIG members reviewed the diagrams that AK prepared.
- Vote to accept the existing diagrams (to be added to the introduction)
- AK to double check that no agreed upon property is left out of the diagrams (and update them accordingly).
- AK to share the diagrams with TV, who will draft long captions illustrating the content of the models.
- TV will share the texts with MD to update, where necessary, and SdS to proofread
- An e-vote will start through the SIG mailing list.
Decision: AK to add properties for S24, TV to draft the short descriptions for the diagrams and share them with MD and SdS to review and proofread. At the end this will be put to an e-vote.
In the 53rd CIDOC CRM & 46th FRBRoo SIG meeting, AK presented HW: graphics for CRMsci (featuring S24 Sample Splitting, S5 Inference Making that had not been included in the previous version).
- Slide No 7 represents classes and properties that are not completely understood or agreed upon. However, it will be added to the definition document seeing as the diagrams should reflect its current state. If the model changes, the graphs will be updated too.
- Slide No 8. New slide for S5 Inference making and its properties. It forms a very small subpart of the model that needs to be expanded on. Start a new issue to define the interface between CRMsci and CRMinf. There is a substantial overlap btw the two models.
Admit the diagrams in the definition document
Note by the CIDOC CRM Editors:
The diagrams are admitted as proposed in the current version of CRMsci (v1.7). The issue can close on the grounds of there being nothing left to do concerning the diagrams.
If the modeling changes, a new issue will start to update them.