Issue 556: Content of the minimal vocabularies for restricting the CIDOC CRM Types
In the 50th joint meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and SO/TC46/SC4/WG9; 43nd FRBR – CIDOC CRM Harmonization meeting, the SIG decided to start a new issue where to dscuss the content of the minimal vocabularies required for restricting the CIDOC CRM Types.
Outline: Provide content for a recommended CRM-SIG vocabulary based on reviewing CRM scope notes and using the outcome of issue 496.
No HW assignment until 496 is resolved.
In the 53rd CIDOC CRM & 46th FRBRoo SIG meeting, the SIG returned to Issue 556 to establish what the next steps are and assign HW, since 496 has been resolved.
- TV has proposed a list of classes of the CRM, for which recommending a type would be useful.
- MD has suggested providing recommendations for (a) the types mentioned in properties the range of which is an instance of E55 Type (or a specialization thererof), and by extension all the .1 properties, (b) the types referred to (or implied) in the scope notes of classes and properties.
- closely-read the scope notes of CRM classes/properties in order to determine what ontological distinctions can be implemented through the use of types,
- go through the deprecated classes to determine whether their content and labels match classifications implemented in other known vocabularies (to check for the next meeting),
- identify domain-specific vocabularies and standardized vocabularies that are relevant for the CRM.
Everyone in agreement, HW assigned to:
- TV: check the classes he has identified for type-recommendations
- WS: check types of E4 Period (also settlements qua E7 Activity) and with vocabs from the DAI.
- MD: check the deprecated classes
- RN: skos vocabularies that they work with at the NFDI
To be discussed again in the next Sig meeting.