Issue 647: automatically detect incompatibilities between CRM extensions and the CIDOC CRM
In the 56th joint meeting of the CIDOC CRM and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9 &49th FRBR/LRMoo SIG, the SIG resolved to start a new issue in order to automatically detect incompatibilities between the CIDOC CRM & its extensions.
HW: PF & ETz to work on that.
Nb: Consult with VA (LAHRA), because OntoME does exactly that.
Crete, May 2023
In the 57th CIDOC CRM & 50th FRBR/LRMoo SIG Meeting, VA shared a presentation with the SIG on features of the OntoME that allow for a consistency check btw CRM and family models. The slide deck can be found here.
HW: Based on the discussion that folloewd, ETz, PF & VA will be working towards performing additional checks to automatically generate rdf files for CRMbase and extensions, namely:
- vocabulary checking regarding class and property labels
- detection of wrong domain or range of a property
- hierarchical cycles
- unique hierarchical branch position (If A subClassOf B, B subClassOf C then A cannot be subClassOf C)
- domain/range of a property must be subClass or equal to the domain/range of its superProperty
- Avoid hierarchical relationships of owl:DatatypeProperties with owl:ObjectProperties, and document the cases
Nb. OntoME can probably be extended by points 3-6.
Nb.': check out for potential inconsistencies btw a model and its translations.
Marseille, October 2023