Issue 534: Representing .1 properties of full paths in shortcut properties.
In the 49th CIDOC CRM and 42nd FRBR CRM sig meeting (virtual), upon discussing Pxxx represents instance of type the sig decided to start an issue where to discuss how to translate .1 properties in long paths into shorctut properties.
Pxx represents entity of type is a shortcut for E36 –P138: E1 –P2: E55 AND a subproperty of P138, so it can use the .1 mode of representation
P62 depicts is a shortcut for E24-P65: E36 –P138: E1 but NOT a subproperty thereof
Post by Rob Sanderson (8 June 2021)
#534 - In that RDF doesn't allow for meta-properties, we would need to reify anyway. At which point we couldn't use a shortcut. So while I understand the challenge, I don't have (or need) a solution. Seems like it would need to be on a case by case basis to determine the relationship of the meta property to the main property anyway?
In the 53rd CIDOC CRM & 46th FRBRoo SIG meeting, the Sig discussed whether it is the case that for each long path involving a .1 property, the corresponding shortcut should also come with a .1 property.
It was established that the way to go about it is either:
- to recommend that implementers only use the full path if they want to deploy the .1 property, or
- or, for each long path –shortcut pair, in which the long path involves a .1 property, establish whether it is needed for the shortcut too. If yes, what does it amount to?
- Check the pairs of long paths and corresponding shortcut properties, to determine which ones make use of a .1 property.
- See if there is a list of full vs shortcuts available –check issue 357 for CEOs HW & feedback by MF (posts from 21 October 2021 and on).
- also discuss the hierarchy of properties that have .1 properties and whether these are inherited by their subproperties (and what the relation btw the respective .1 properties)
- HW: CEO