Issue 54: Create a list of FAQs
Even if the documentation of the CRM may be complete enough, a list of frequently asked questions is regarded helpful.
All items that have been raised as an issue at any time to become part of the FAQ list, as well as questions raised in the meetings. The FAQ list will be open to specific submissions at any time.
FORTH will update the list of FAQs. Also FORTH, IONION, SOUTHAMPTON and YORK will prepare short tutorials about CRM. Then they will present to CRM SIG in order to get the approval of CRM SIG.
Edinburgh 10/7/2007 List of FAQs
- The difference between "falls within" and "consists of".
- "What does the word 'general' mean in a property name in the CRM?"
- "How should we model sequences of moves where intermediate places are not known?"(Property P24).
- "How does one represent ranges of values?"(P30, a Dimesion should point to an interval).
- "What is meant by a shortcut?"
- "How the CRM deals with parts and wholes."
- "Why do primitive values and recursive symmetric links not have reverse labels on their properties?"
- "What are the principles used to choose one entity as the domain of a property and the other as the range (and not vice versa)
- "Guidance for museums etc. to distinguish between titles and other appellations". Issue 71
- "Explanation about referring to use of materials in events and procedures". Issue 46
Posted by Martin 8/8/2014
Please have a look at this document:
and let us know if you approve it as CRM-SIG statement or propose improvements.
In the 31st meeting of CRM-SIG, It is decided that the above document CRM Primer is a document approved by CRM-SIG.
Heraklio, Crete September 2014