Issue 500: Revise examples for E33 Linguistic Object
In the 47th joint meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9; 40th FRBR - CIDOC CRM Harmonization meeting; resolving the issue 483, the sig reviewed the scope note of E33 and decided to keep the reworked scope note for version 7.0.1 and continue working on the examples for the next release in a new issue in order to resolve the orientation to written text at the expense of spoken text we should add an example of recordings of spoken text –not just transcripts of recorded speech but the recordings as such. But if we can have an audio and a transcript for it. The examples could include
- Dialectal data – HW: CEO.
- Ethnological data –maybe MR can help with that.
- Examples pulled from P190 to make sure that there’s some sense of continuity
- Instances of spoken text recorded and documented –maybe MR can help with that.
- Online tutorial for CIDOC CRM (SdS in audio, but the transcripts are also available)
MD: Illuminated canonical edition of the Holy Bible –to show that the canonical text is rendered by illuminations (at least in part).
AF: best not illustrate by the Holy Bible, maybe a different text. Let’s not get into debates about which one is the canonical form. Each manuscript is a different linguistic object –differences due to copying errors, etc.