Issue 337: Excavation Interface

Starting Date: 
2017-04-04
Working Group: 
3
Status: 
Open
Background: 

In the 38th joined meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9 and the 31st FRBR - CIDOC CRM Harmonization meeting, Gerald Hiebel made a presentation about excavation interface on CRMarchaeo and proposed to introduce  (a) new class about excavation interface,  (b) a new property to the A1 Excavation Process Unit which will describe the production of the excavation interface  (c) new class about segment of matter and a new property of it  for describing the confinement of the excavation interface.

The crm-sig accepted the proposal and assigned to Gerald to write the definition of the proposed classes and properties.

Heraklion, April 2017

Current Proposal: 

sent it by Gerald on 28/9/2017

Here my proposal and my presentation for Issue 337. Should I send that to CRM-SIG too, or is it enough to send it to you?

In the 40th joined meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9 and the 33nd FRBR - CIDOC CRM Harmonization meeting, the crm-sig reviewed the proposal of GH for the new class approximates and decided the following:

·        The new class  Axx Excavation Interface and the new property APxx confines (is confined by) have been accepted. See the definitions here

·        To change of Range for AP4

·        There is a inheritance problem since we have too many confines properties. The two interface classes should be children of a superclass. The two volumes A2 and S22 should be under a volume superclass. Then the natural volume an interface would children of stratigraphic unit.

·        Assigned HW to Achille to put the examples in standard format, to give numbers in the new property and class and to add them in CRMarchaeo. In addition, HW assigned to GH to add bibliographic references in the examples.

·        Achille should send this version to CB to upload an in progress version to the site.

Cologne, January 2018

Meetings discussed: