Issue 236: RDF file for CRM CORE
In 29th CRM-SIG meeting, we discussed about defining an RDF file for CRM CORE in the light of new extensions presented in the following figure
The CRM-SIG decided
(1) to produce a subset for things, texts, images, persons, Martin Doerr will describe this thing and he will send it for comments
(2) to make explicit some simplification rules
(3) to simplify isA hierarchy without losing semantics
(4) to start to make the profile and to put as issue in the WEB.
The sig discussed about the proposed extensions and the FRBRoo and decided the following:
(a) consolidation work of FRBR will be reported by Pat
(b) The CRMsci will be presented in the main conference CIDOC 2014 and as tutorial.
(c) The CRMArcheo , produced the European Research Infrastructure Project ARIADNE for archaeology having a proposed a draft extension of CIDOC CRM for complete representation or archaeological excavation records will be under review by the CIDOC Archaeological working group. Also it will be presented as a tutorial in CIDOC 2014 conference.
(d) CRM-SIG approved that the development of CRMSci and its exsention CRMarcheo into CRM compatible ontologies is in its scope. The harmonization of the two models will be a part of the development of version 6 of CIDOC CRM CRM-SIG
(e) the crm sig aims that CRMSci and CRMarcheo will become models recommended by CIDOC.
(f) Christian Emil will be deputy chair of crm-sig to CIDOC and will inform the board committee group about our activities and it will ask the general assembly to approve that all these fall in the interest to museum documentation.
(g) Barry Norton will help about the name spaces
(h) crm-sig decided to apply the approval procedures about PRESS OO.
30th crm-sig, meeting Hague, April 2014
In 31st joined meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG, ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9 and the 24th FRBR - CIDOC CRM and in the frame of this issue the CRM-SIG decided that:
(a) a documentation about CRM family models is needed. This is should be in a central place in the website. Barry and Mark Fichner will work on this.
(b) the SIG should invite for integrated extensions. Steve will write the process whish should be uploaded to the cidoc - crm site. This document should include (a) invitation for extensions (b) what is the procedure (c) what is the current situation.
Heraklion Crete, October 2014
In 32nd joined meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9 and the 25th FRBR - CIDOC CRM Harmonization meeting, it is decided that the issue should be open. Chryssoula should send to Steve from the minutes the text for the extensions.
The 34nd joined meeting of the CIDOC CRM SIG and ISO/TC46/SC4/WG9 and the 27th FRBR - CIDOC CRM , the crm-sig decided that this issue is referred to how we accept and testify the compatibility
Heraklion, October 2015